- Mushrooms [lots]
- Bacon [2x rashers]
- 2x cups of Chicken Stock [which you put it into nearly all soups anyway]
- 1x Onion
- 1x Potato
- Cream [600ml]
(BATARD - PICTURE COURTESY OF THE WORLD WIDE WEB)
- Parmesan & Onion Batard
- Chop up everything into little bits, then fry it all in a large saucepan with a bit of butter. [about 5x minutes]
- When everything has gone soft and mooshy, add the Chicken Stock and boil it for about 15 minutes.
- Let it cool down a bit and then pour it into a food processor [or you could use a Bamix/Stick Blender] and puree it until it has a fine texture.
- Back into the saucepan, add the cream and gently simmer for 10x minutes, but make sure it doesn’t boil.
- Slice the Batard and dry-fry it on the grill. (That sounds good enough to eat on its own!)
- When the bread is nicely toasted with the grill lines criss-crossed [because that looks really cool], rub garlic onto both side of the bread and add a light “dusting” of ground black pepper – but not too much!